- Private function reservations should be made with the Club House Manager. An estimated number of guests are required to select the proper room based on capacity and availability. Private functions and events are subject to a room charged based on Club availability, hours of operation, room capacity and membership status.
- Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests and are responsible for any damages incurred to the Club. The Club is not responsible for the loss of personal property brought to the Club by members or guests.
- A member or spouse sponsoring a private function should be in attendance throughout the event. Guest charges are billed on the host member’s account.
- Private functions are subject to a 20% service charge and sales tax, at the NJ prevailing rate. If you are tax exempt, a ST-5 must be submitted to the office prior to the event.
- The Club requires that all members and their guests abide by the Club’s dress code. The Club requests jackets at dinner and country club casual at lunch. Denim jeans and sneakers are not permitted at any time. Members and their guests utilizing the entire Club for a private function have discretionary dress code rules.
- Menu selections must be made at least ten days prior to the function. A final guaranteed number of guests must be received 48 hours preceding the event. Charges will be based on the final guarantee or the actual number of guests, whichever is greater. In the event a final number is not received by the Club House Manager, the estimated number will be used as the guaranteed number of guests for billing purposes.
- Reservations for Club events and private functions which are cancelled within 48 hours before the function will be charged against the member’s account, at the General Manager’s discretion.
- Members or guests may not bring or remove food/beverage items from the Club’s premises at the discretion of the Club House Manager. There will be a plating charge incurred for dessert.
- All bar item (beer, wine, liquor and soft drinks) charges are calculated on a per-drink or signed chit basis unless prior arrangements have been made with the Club House Manager. Wines are available by the bottle.
- No member or guest shall offer a stipend or gratuity of any kind directly to an employee of the Club.
- The use of cellular telephones is not permitted in the dining areas of the Club. Members and their guests are requested to refrain from displaying and using business papers in the main dining room (reading materials are allowed at the Club Table if one is dining alone). We ask that you be mindful of your neighbor regarding electronic devices. Only hand-held communication devices may be used silently in all dining areas.
- As stipulated by the Board of Health, smoking is not permitted at the Club.
- Parking is available in our private lot behind the Club only in properly designated parking spaces. Parking is not permitted on the grass, along the grass perimeter, the turn-around area or on the side of the building. Parking is free after 5:00 PM on Elm Street and additional parking is available in the municipal lot next door.
- The Clubhouse closes no later than midnight for all evening functions. The Club is closed on Sunday and Monday.
By utilizing The Morristown Club as the venue for your event, you hereby ascertain that you have read and will abide by the Club Policies stated above.
THE MORRISTOWN CLUB
Historic 27 Elm Street
The Morristown Club is part of a private network of over one hundred fine clubs throughout the United States and abroad.
Lunch: Tuesday through Saturday 11:30 - 2:00 PM
Cocktails: Thursday through Saturday 5:00 - 9:00 PM
Dinner: Thursday 5:30 - 8 PM, Saturday 5:30 - 8:30 PM
Pub Night: Fridays 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM